Sunday, July 24, 2011

Greer!

So, Scott's parents invited us to Greer for the weekend and it was definitely a welcome getaway from the heat. However, I did not realize Greer was so darn far. It took us 5 hours to get there. And since Keira just loves her car seat the trip was just a delight. Luckily she slept for some of it, but I do have to give her a little reprieve as she did have her 4 month shots that morning.
Chillin' in her bumbo on the counter with her new ASU hat from Nani & Papi

We didn't know this beforehand, but the weekend we went up there turned out to be their first annual Greer Days, which was postponed due to the fires in early June. In all honesty, hearing about it I thought it'd be this huge festival where hundreds of people came in to check out with great live bands and activities. Nope. Not so much. Plus, some of the bands were horrendous, but when it's on a volunteer basis it is what it is. There was the one band though which was great. I wish I could remember the name, but I can't right now.

Quite the fashion diva sporting her cute boots to dinner

Just another morning with Papi

Standing and eating her playmat like the big girl she is!

Overall it was a really fun weekend and we really enjoyed it. It was nice and relaxing. We really didn't do much, which is just what I needed after working so many hours since coming back from leave. Seriously though...I'm working like 11/12 hour days but things are starting to get back on track a bit and at least I get to work from home so that helps a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment