Sunday, July 10, 2011

NKOTBSB!



Oh yeah, that's right...Scott and I went to the New Kids On The Block Backstreet Boys concert on June 30th at US Airways Arena. Scott's parents got us the tickets for my birthday (thank you, thank you) much to Scott's delight! I think deep down he was really excited because he and his friends used to sing "I want it that way" by BSB in Spanish back in the day.

I was super excited to go because NKOTB was my first ever concert when I was 10 years old. I couldn't wait to see them in concert again and to see my beloved Joey again. Oh, how I had a crush on him. I know a lot of people were all about Jordan, but it was all Joey all the time for me. I actually used to sing a song called "Bobby's Girl" around my house when I was 10 but I would replace Bobby with Joey. "I wanna be Joey's girl. I wanna be Joey's girl. That's the most important thing to me. And if I was Joey's girl, and if I was Joey's girl, what a thankful girl I'd be." You get the idea.

We went to a fabulous dinner at this pizza place downtown before...Cibo Pizzeria...and it was seriously delicious. Then we went to the concert and I had to pump in the car. Gotta bring the milk home to the little lady! :o) We missed the first opening act, Ashlyne Huff, but we don't know who she is so we didn't really care. We did get to see Jordin Sparks who, in all honesty, was kind of boring and her two dancers sucked. When the main attraction started though the noise level in the arena was out of this world! There are some die-hards out there. I truly think my ears are still ringing. By the way, my love for Joey disappeared quite fast when he came out wearing a sleeveless vest type thing and knee high boots over his jeans! Um...no thank you!

All in all, it was a great concert (Scott would likely disagree) but not as good as my Tim McGraw!

Before the concert started

Whoo hoo! It's starting!

And this was Scott when it was starting! It was loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment